Wednesday 10 March 2010

analysis of finished video

Camera work:-

I completed all the camera work because Chris was the star of the piece. I tried to show of my skills of creating different effects using the camera. I tried to mix up the camera angles and try to use as many angles and shots as possible, well the ones that would work ands that would fit in with the budget. There was one part of the video where Chris is playing guitar. I shot the same part of him playing guitar from lots of different angles and done very fast editing in order to create a fast pace that would fit in with the music. I got very positive feedback form all the camerawork. I feel the camera work is the most important part of the film, this is the part where you show off all your skills that you have learnt from media lesson.

Lighting:-

Due to our piece being set mainly outside the lighting was natural. This meant it fit in with our very low budget and all the lighting was free. This was a problem some times due to lack of light or rain which stop us filming. When we filmed inside i tried to come up with different ways of creating a light source. In one part of the video i came up with the idea to use the projector as a light source. This created enough light to see all Chris features but hide the fact the setting was in a classroom. I felt this really worked because it showed we tried to think of other ideas and be creative.

Mise-en-scene:-

Editing:-

I didn't want to use lots of editing in my film. I used the basic editing and transitions like dissolve. I done this for a reason. I wanted to create a more realised music video's, therefore offer transitions wouldn't not work. I felt that using "fancy" editing would not show of my skills and ideas that i have. I wanted to be able to use the camera angles and shots to shot off the ideas rather than cover up the piece with lots of transition. Most of the editing where jump-cuts but where softened with transitions to make it work.
I was pretty lucky with editing because i often guessed how much i wanted to cut off and it often fitted in with the section i wanted it. I feel this is because of the amount of practice I had not just with this piece of work but with last years thriller. The editing took the mot amount of time, and often i was edit as i went along so i would complete a section of filming then edit it all. I felt this is the best ways i work. I found it much easier to work on my own and do the editing because I was very fussy with the work I do and want it to look as good as I imagined it in my head.

Colour:-

Colour played a very big part in the music video. I tried to included as much colour in the film as possible. This is because the whole music video is happy and bright. The colours used would have o be bright in order to match the rest of the aspects. Most of the film was set outside where there is lots of colour. I wanted to include as much flowers and trees in there because they give off a lot of colour and creates a mood of happiness. I also got Chris and the other people who stared in the music video to wear bright colours in order to add to the happiness and excitement. This also meant he would always be picked up on camera. Colour also show a change in mood. In the start of the music video the boy is feeling a bit grim and upset. We not only changed to colour of the filming to black and white but we also got Chris to wear dark clothes to show is mood, bu this all changes as the music video moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment